State Council of Educational Research and Training 2018-19
SCERT Sector 32, UT Chandigarh
NTSE Form Online 2018-19
NTSE is stands for “National Talent Search Examination”. This exam started in the year of 1963. The resolution of this scheme is to find brilliant students and nurture them. National Talent Search Scheme is for students studying in Class X.
1. Scholarships: On the basis of NTSE (National Talent Search Examination),they provide total of 1000 scholarships to the selected candidates. The amount of scholarship will be as follow:
a). Rs. 1250/- per month for Class -XI to XII.
b). Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
c). The Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
3. Selection Process: NTSE will conduct 2-stage selection process for award of scholarship to the applicants.
SCERT which stands for “State Council of Educational Research and Training” will conduct STAGE-I Exam through a written test. Selected students of Stage-I will be recommended to appear for Stage-II examination conducted by NCERT.
4. Important Dates: Dates for submission of Application Form and conduct of examination are given below:
Last Date for submission of Application Form Stage-1 at SCERT, Sector 32,UT Chandigarh is 20th September, 2018.
Date of Examination for Stage-1of UT Chandigarh 4th November, 2018 (Sunday)
5. Eligibility to appear in the examination:
· Scored grade B2 and above or 61% and above marks in Class IX examination (in the academic session 201718) and has been promoted to class X (in the academic session 2018-19). 5% relaxation in marks for students in SC and PH Category.
· Those students who had registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for this scholarship program.
6. Examination: The pattern of written examination will be as follows:
Paper1: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Paper1: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
(Science - 40 questions, Social Science - 40 questions, Mathematics - 20 questions)
7. Merit List: The minimum qualifying marks in each paper will be 40% for general category and 32 % for reserved category students of SC and PH.
8. Selection for Stage-2: Ten selected students from Stage-1 examination will be forwarded for stage-2 examination to be conducted by NCERT, New Delhi. Number of selected students may vary as per time to time directions issued by NCERT. The division of selected students in different categories will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
9. Application Form: Application Forms can be collected from the office of Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Sector 32, UT Chandigarh or can be downloaded from the website of SCERT, UT Chandigarh i.e. www.siechd.nic.in . All correspondence relating to application form and other details should be addressed to the State Liaison Officer - Mrs. Mamta Sharma.
10. The completed application form duly signed by the Principal of the school should be submitted to the Director, SCERT before the last date i.e. 20th September 2018.
11. Announcement of Results: Result of the State Level NTSE (Stage-1) will be announced by SCERT in the first week of February 2019.
Contact Ph: 0172-2676011 (O)
For Government Jobs alert on whatsapp send your request on following official Number @7696006608 (In request Msg Send your Name and State Name) " NOTE: You have to save this Contact Number in your contact list to get important Govt job alerts on Whatsapp.