UPSC CSE 2023 Online Form
The UPSC Civil Services Exam notification 2023 is out. The UPSC Recruitment department is going to recruit 1105 IAS officers approximately through this year UPSC CSE 2023. UPSC CSE stands for the "Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination." It is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and Indian Police Service (IPS), among others. The examination consists of three stages: Preliminary, Main, and Interview. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the Civil Services Examination (CSE) 2023. The examination will be conducted in the month of May 2023 and the last date to apply is 21st Feb. 2023.
We will share brief information about this UPSC IAS Exam 2023 in this employment news. You have to read the full employment news carefully before applying online for these Government jobs in India.
Basic Detail About this UPSC Recruitment
Examination Name: UPSC Civil Services Examination 2023.
Designation: IAS officers.
Number of Vacancies: 1105 Posts.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying UPSC CSE 2023
1. Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. The eligibility criteria for UPSC CSE (Civil Services Examination) specify that the candidate must be an Indian citizen, who is entitled to hold public office in India.
2. Age Limit: The minimum age for appearing for the examination is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years for General Category candidates as of 01st Aug. 2023. There are age relaxations for different categories, such as SC/ST, OBC, PwD, etc. The age limit is set as per the provisions of the Constitution of India to ensure that the candidate has enough experience and maturity to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Civil Servant.
3. Educational Qualification: The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university. The minimum educational qualification for appearing for the UPSC CSE is a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. This requirement ensures that the candidate has a good foundation of knowledge and skills to tackle the challenges of Civil Services.
4. Number of Attempts: The number of attempts for General Category candidates is limited to 6 and for OBC, it is 9. There are no restrictions for SC/ST candidates. The number of attempts is limited to ensure that the examination remains competitive and only the most deserving candidates get selected.
5. Physical Fitness: The candidate must be physically fit as per the prescribed physical standards of the Commission. The physical fitness requirement is necessary to ensure that the candidate is capable of performing the demanding duties of a Civil Servant, which require physical and mental agility.
How much is the application fee for applying to UPSC CSE?
· The application fee for applying for UPSC CSE 2023(Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination) is INR 100 for general category candidates.
· However, the fee is waived-off for female candidates, PWBD, SC/ST candidates, and individuals with disabilities.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make the payment through online mode using a debit card/ credit card/ internet banking. It is important to note that the application fee is non-refundable related to the UPSC IAS Exam 2023.
UPSC CSE 2O23 Exam Pattern
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Civil Services Examination (CSE) consists of the following three stages:
1. Preliminary Exam: The preliminary exam is a screening test and is conducted in the month of June every year. It consists of two papers:
· General Studies Paper I
· General Studies Paper II (CSAT).
2. Mains Exam: Candidates who clear the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the mains exam, which is usually conducted in the month of September/October. The main exam consists of 9 papers, including essay writing, language papers, and 4 general studies papers, and 2 optional subject papers.
3. Personality Test (Interview): Candidates who clear the mains exam are eligible to appear for the interview, which is conducted by the UPSC in the month of February/March. The interview is a personality test that assesses the candidate's interpersonal skills, ability to express views and opinions, leadership qualities, and administrative potential.
Process for Applying for UPSC IAS Exam 2023
Here is the process for applying for the UPSC IAS exam:
1. Visit the official website of UPSC - upsc.gov.in. We have also shared the direct online application form link below under the IMPORTANT LINK section of this employment news.
2. After opening the UPSC official website home page, you have gone to the "Examination" section and clicked on "Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination".
3. Click on the "Apply Online" link and fill out the online application form with all the required information.
4. Upload the scanned copies of your recent photograph, signature, and necessary certificates.
5. Pay the application fee online or through Challan.
6. Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
7. The admit card will be released on the official website before the exam. Download it and take a printout.
1. February 1, 2023 UPSC CSE 2023 Notification Release Date: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) officially released the notification for the Civil Services Examination 2023 on this date. This notification includes important details about the eligibility criteria, examination dates, and other relevant information.
2. February 28, 2023 - Application Deadline: The last date to submit the online application form for the UPSC CSE 2023 was this date. Candidates were required to submit the form before this date to be eligible to appear for the examination.
3. May 28, 2023 – UPSC CSE Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination for the UPSC CSE 2023 was held on this date. This examination is the first stage of the Civil Services Examination and is conducted to screen candidates for the main examination.
FAQ Related to the UPSC Civil Services Examination
1. What is the UPSC IAS Exam?
The UPSC IAS Exam, also known as the Civil Services Examination, is a national-level exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various services such as Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), among others.
2. Who can apply for the UPSC IAS Exam?
Any Indian citizen who has completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the UPSC IAS Exam. The age limit is 21 to 32 years.
3. How many times can one appear for the UPSC IAS Exam?
There is no limit on the number of times a candidate can appear for the UPSC IAS Exam. However, the age limit for general category candidates is 32 years and for the OBC category it is 35 years, while for SC/ST category it is 37 years.
4. What is the syllabus for the UPSC IAS Exam?
The syllabus for the UPSC IAS Exam is divided into two parts - the Preliminary Exam and the Main Exam. The Preliminary Exam consists of two papers - General Studies Paper 1 and General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT). The Main Exam consists of nine papers, including essay writing, general studies, and two optional subjects.
5. What is the marking scheme for the UPSC IAS Exam?
The UPSC IAS Exam is a negative marking exam. For each correct answer, the candidate will receive 2 marks, while for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
6. How is the final merit list prepared for the UPSC IAS Exam?
The final merit list for the UPSC IAS Exam is prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the Main Exam and the Interview/Personality Test. The marks of the Main Exam are given more weightage compared to the marks of the Interview/Personality Test.
7. How long is the training period for the UPSC IAS Exam?
The training period for the UPSC IAS Exam is 2 years. The training includes various aspects such as leadership, administration, and policy-making.
8. Is the UPSC IAS Exam conducted in Hindi?
Yes, the UPSC IAS Exam is conducted in both English and Hindi languages. Candidates can choose to appear for the exam in either of the languages.
9. How to prepare for the UPSC IAS Exam?
The best way to prepare for the UPSC IAS Exam is to have a clear understanding of the syllabus and to follow a study schedule. It is recommended to go through the previous year's question papers and to practice writing essays and answers in a timed environment. It is also important to stay updated with current events and to read newspapers regularly.
10. What is the salary of an IAS officer?
The salary of an IAS officer varies based on their grade and level of experience. However, the starting salary of an IAS officer is approximately 55,000 to 60,000 INR per month.
About Author:Instagram || Facebook
For Government Jobs alert on whatsapp send your request on following official Number @7696006608 (In request Msg Send your Name and State Name) " NOTE: You have to save this Contact Number in your contact list to get important Govt job alerts on Whatsapp.