Hello Friends, In this page of Govt Jobs Portal, we are going to share all PARTS of Pronoun topic though Video series. Watch all videos carefully for the complete understanding of PRONOUNS in English. The pronoun in English grammar by using various examples for easy understanding. We will explains all types of Pronoun and basic rules to use a pronoun.
NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
What is a Pronoun in English Grammar?
The pronoun is the part of speech, which is used as a substitute for an antecedent noun, which is understood clearly and with which it agrees in gender, number, and person.
Types of Pronouns:
Pronouns in English Grammar are classified as follows:
1. Personal pronoun: This stands in the place of the name of a thing or people.
2. Subjective pronoun: This is used when a thing or a person is the subject of the clause or the sentence.
3. Intensive pronoun: This pronoun reemphasizes the pronoun or noun that has already been used in the sentence.
4. Objective pronoun: This is used when a thing or a person is the object of the clause or the sentence.
5. Reflexive pronoun: This is a used when a thing or a person acts on itself.
6. Reciprocal pronoun: This is used to refer to the reciprocal relationship between people.
7. Disjunctive pronoun: This is used in certain special grammatical contexts or in isolation.
8. Indefinite pronoun: This refers to a general category of things or people.
WATCH ALL VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OD PRONOUNS:
Nouns and pronouns:
Pronouns can typically replace the noun phrases like it, which, he and those so that repetition or explicit identification can be avoided. For instance in the sentence ‘Jessy thought that she was weird, the word she is a pronoun, which stands in the place of the name of a person in question.