Modern History of India for UPSC Examination
Hello dear reader, we are going to share modern history classes for UPSC, SSC, and other competitive examinations. We are sharing a major point related to the Modern History of India.
Students who are preparing for the UPSC, SSC Examination must watch this video tutorial series. This is the first post in which we are sharing the first 3 lectures related to the Modern History of India.
The Modern History of India Lecture Number: 1
The modern history of India Lecture Number: 2
The Modern History of India Lecture Number 3
Complete Explanation About ANGLO-MYSORE WARS in Modern History of India
MYSORE’S WODEYAR DYNASTY
• The Vijayanagara Empire disintegrated in 1565. The power vacuum created after that was exploited by Raja Wadiyar (ruled 1578–1617). Raja Wadiyar expanded the borders of Mysore kingdom and in 1610 he changed the capital city from Mysore to Srirangapatna; which is a rare island formed by the river Kaveri, which provided natural protection against military attacks.
RISE OF HAIDER ALI
• He was the fifth child of Fath Muhammad's. Haider Ali After serving for a number of years under the rulers of Arcot came to Seringapatam, where Hyder's uncle served.
• Devaraja ,the dalwai of Krishnaraja Wodeyar II (military leader, chief minister, and virtual ruler)and his brother Nanjaraja, who also held an important minister was introduced by Haider Ali.
• In the year 1758 Hyder Ali successfully forced the Marathas to lift a siege of Bangalore.
• The young raja Krishnaraja rewarded Haider Ali’s performance by granting him the title Fath Hyder Bahadur or Nawab Hyder Ali Khan.
• Later Hyder Ali assumed control of Mysore after overthrowing Khande Rao in 1761.
• Hyder Ali established Arms the factory at Dindigul(T.N.) with the help of French.